Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Stage whispers...

We took the Stage yesterday for the first time. Right now all we have is a bare stage with a few flats on it left over from the previous show, but they are ones I will be using also. Now We have to get the rest of the stage fitted out, and then get it painted and dressed. Tonight was the first time off book, and it took 4 hours to get through two acts!! ACK! It is a long play, but not THAT long. I am looking for 2 1/2 hours at the MAX. SO needless to say, we have a long ways to go.
Once we get the set furnished and all the props up and out, then we will have a good feel for the length of the play. I have a good feeling about this play, don't know if that is a good thing or not. Only time will tell.

Coming home from the playhouse last night, I noticed that the lights on the clouds were reflecting more than usual. I was just past the Blue-Fox drive in, so I knew it could not be the movie lights, but it just looked funny out. It was after 10:00, so it was dark. As I came around the curve heading down towards to water in San de Fuca, I got a little disoriented. Normally I would look over the water to the other side and see the lights of Coupeville, and those of the homes along Madrona Way, but last night they were not there. That is when I realized that the clods were not real clouds at all, but thick FOG. It was forming right on the water, so it blocked the lights from Coupeville, It was also so thick and low that all the car lights, and lights from the Oak Harbor Airport were reflecting off of it and creating a really pretty lightshow.

Autumn Is already making it's presence known. The low thick fog, the cool breezes along with the hot dry sun, the way the leaves are rustling in the wind, the dry brown grass. All signs that Fall is close by. Some of the trees are already turning color. We don't have the color show that the people in New England have, but ours do turn yellow and then brown and fall to the ground. Our Evergreens, trees and bushes, will give the critters the protection they need after the alders and maples have all lost their coverings, and leave nothing but black and brown skeletons reaching for the dark winter light.

the birds and the squirrels are feeding like crazy, and the berries that we have growing wild around us are extremely prolific, portents of a harsh winter to come?

I'm ready. I have wood all ready to burn, I have kindling ready to split, I have the car all ready, and Donna has her new car ready too. I can't wait for cooler weather. I can always put clothes on to get warm, but I can not take off enough to stay cool. At least not in public. I think that is brandishing a lethal weapon. Lord knows that this body should NEVER been seen in anything less than jeans and a big bulky sweater or shirt. (AARRRGHHHH!!! The eyes!!!)

No comments: