Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday Sunday...

I could not sleep last night, My body hurt so bad! Bachache, and my Knees and hips, from running up and down the stairs at the playhouse yesterday. I was up twice to put pain killer stuff all over me. Did not work, I just could NOT get comfortable. I finally saw the clock for the last time at 432 AM then I woke up when Little Miss Sassy Sadie heard Lola, and decided that she just HAD to go pottie. Yeah, well It was 930...

As soon as I opened the back door, off the porch Sadie flew, not even stopping to walk down the four steps, just flew off the top and over to the feeder where Lola promptly flew off the dfeeder and up the wisteria to the fence, chattering and screaming all the way. Sadie was chasing and jumping and barking trying to get Lola to come down and play chase, but Lola wasn't having any of that at all. Soon Lola ran into another Lola, and then the squirrel wars started, over whose fence was whose, and Sadie was t rying to get them both to come down. See even squirrels sleep in and lose out!

I was watching CNN all afternoon watching the latest on Katrina, as she slowly churns her way up the gulf right for Louisiana. This could get really nasty over there. I realized that I had nothing to eat for dinner, so I headed for the store, and that is when I realized that we were about to get some weather too. The fog was rolling in FAST and THICK and DARK!! and the wind was picking up fast. It was almost like winter out there, in fact right now as I look out, the fog is gone, but it is POURING rain!! Good we need it so bad!

As I looked out the office window, at the alders swaying in the wind, I noticed that I could see through all the green! the Leaves this year have been very full and green, NO CATERPILLARS!!! Yes!! and I could actually see through them into the forest. I looked closer and discovered that they are already turning yellow and falling off the limbs. Could be we could have an early Fall. It smells like it right now. The air blowing in from the North Pacific is full of salt air, and has a distinct chill to it.

I almost could justify building a fire in the wood stove, but not until November 1!! and no fires after April 1! I guess I could haul my ass over and shut the window though huh? NAHHHH not yet. It is still August!

No comments: