Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday blahs....

Even when you are retired, you get the Monday Blahs. I don't know whether it is because it is because you have been conditioned to wait for them all your life, or whether it is a natural phenomenon that occurs in the air. What ever they are, I got 'em.

I woke up early this morning, after going to sleep late last night. I slept really good too. But now I have NO energy. Monday Blahs I guess. I woke up at 630 and as I was blogwalking this morning, I kept falling asleep at the computer. So I said this is stupid, go take a nap. I head into the bedroom around 1030 and as I laid down, I was wide awake, so I took my shower, got dressed and came in to blog walk some more and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ so I went back in to watch the noon news and fell asleep. It is now 300 and I feel like I could go BACK to sleep and sleep another 4 hours!! NO ENERGY!

We have rehearsal tonight again, and next week we go off book. This is going to be really hard, as we still have no props, so when we get to use them, they are going to have the challenge of trying to remember their lines AND use their props for the first time. We get the stage next Monday, so maybe there is hope!

We have not had any rain in over three weeks, and it looks like we wont have any for another two at least! The only thing that keeps us moist is the cold Marine Layer that blows in every night and creeps back out every morning. It was really thick fog this morning, so the trees got a little moisture on their leaves. The grass is all brown, and will stay that way until Fall, as we should not water our lawns, just the flowers and gardens. We are still in a drought condition. Fires are now breaking out in Eastern Washington, and it could be really bad before the rains come back.

There is a chill in the air though. Strangely enough. The sun is out, bright and warm, but the air has a definite feel of Autumn in it. There is a dry, musty smell in the air, and I have a feeling we are going to have a cold cold winter.

My daughter was talking with me Saturday night, and she had the audacity to say she did not think I could live on my own much longer. I am 59 years old for Christ sakes! I am NOT on my last leg. Yes, I am in pain, with my back and my knees, but I get around! I just am not as active as I was, and Now I feel like she is ready to put me out to pasture! That really hurt! I feel like I should just quit everything and just sit around and wait to die. But I WON'T!! I'll survive! Monday Blahs and all....

No comments: