Monday, August 22, 2005

Me Too!!!

Have you ever thought you were Psychic? I have thought that several times and I know my Sister is sort of…

The other Day when I was checking on Leslie’s blog, I had the feeling that she was home, but was not blogging for one reason or another. I was thinking that she was even thinking about quitting. Last night when I checked, VOILA!! She had been home and had been thinking about what direction her life would be heading in.

I have been feeling the same way. I started my blog, as a way of keeping track of what I was doing. I had just retired, after working for 37 years in a high stress, highly political job, and I was not ready to go yet. I saw the handwriting on the wall, and had said to myself, if NEXCOM ever offers us money to retire early, I will. I knew they would never do that…they did. I went. I was so afraid that I would become like my Mother, and sleep all day and stay up all night reading. I did not want to become a slug. Well I have.

At first the blog was just a paragraph or two, and not even daily. Then I saw other blogs that I liked, and wanted to make some changes to mine. Wanda added haloscan to it for me, and Leslie showed me how to make some template changes and I went from there.

However, I changed. I quit writing for myself, and started writing for others. That in itself is not a bad thing, it helped me grow. But I have become so afraid of offending my various readers, that I have kept my own feelings out of my writing. I show through sometimes, but not always.

I thought recently about just stopping, and decided that would be giving in to the urges, and that I wont do. I am hoping that Leslie wont stop either. SO many have quit, Dorothy, Leslie USA, TW, Don/Elliot, (although he’s back AGAIN!) Heather, Kim has cut way back because of her Job, Tammy has Cut way back because of LURKERS, and several others have gone to just posting once in awhile.

I have several scrapbooks to finish, A show to Direct and 2 to produce, and a house to finish painting. (Yes, I STILL have not finished the outside trim after 5 years, and the inside is still ½ done)

I sit at the computer for a good 3 hours every day, and then I get back on it as soon as Donna goes to bed. I can’t afford to spend that much time on line. It ties up my phone line.

So, like others, I am cutting back too. Don’t drop me, I’ll be around, but I may not be posting every day. Just when I have something to say.

Back to being psychic…today Donna came in and gave me a big hug and said “tell me you love Me.” So I did. Then she hugged me tighter. She has never done that before. She is on her way to spend 3 days in Vancouver with a friend of hers from College, who is getting married next Saturday. The last time she drove to Vancouver in her brand new car was 1992 and she totaled it in the tunnel. She was not hurt, but she was really scared. EGADS! She just called and said I Love you again!!! This time she has a brand new car again, and I hope she drives very safely. I just had a chill run up my spine when I saw her drive off. I love her so much, and we are very close. She used to know when I wanted her to call me, and she would. I would just think it, and bingo she would call. Her Husband thinks we are really weird!

I read Phyllis’ blog and the quote she has at the bottom of her post made me stop and think. It said to always leave your loved ones with a word of Love, as you may never see them again. I really freaked then. I Pray to the Powers that Be to Please keep My family safe!! (Oh SHIT!! Maybe it’s ME????? I better drive carefully too.)

No comments: