Thursday, August 04, 2005

This n That...

I slept! I slept through the night last night! Whoot!! I did things a little differently though. I got home from the Playhouse at 11:00 and then came in here and blogwalked some, then did some scrapping and THEN went to bed. I watched the end of the TONIGHT show, and then turned off the TV, opened a book, and when I found myself reading the same line over and over and over again, I turned off the light and woke up this morning at 9! Now if I can just stay awake all day today...

I decided that since there isn't much pollen floating around in the air right now, I would quit taking my Zyrtec and see if that helps me stay awake. I know that when I am on it, I sleep all day long!!! Even when I take it at night. I tell you I am a really cheap drunk...Any type of narcotic, or spirits, and I am OUT like a light! All except for morphine. I puke, and puke on Morphine, so for surgery pain I have to have demerol (WHOOT!!!!)

Lola and Suzie and ALVIN all were at the feeder this morning, so I could not let Sadie and Tilly out until the squirrels were finished with their breakfast. The birds are pretty much doing their own things right now. The goldfinch are nesting, they are the latest ones to do so. The hummers have all gone South, by going East over the mountains and then down, There is still the occasional one or two flitting by, but the feeders will come down and get sanitized and stored for the winter, and go back out again in February. The woodpeckers are out pecking at dead trees and eating bugs, and the doves and pidgeons are out and foraging off the natural seed available. The Sparrows and the house finches and the Juncos are still at the feeders in abundance though.

I have Dottie's two cats for a week, and then they go home for two weeks then I get them for another 3 weeks. Right now I am just getting Tyler to come out of the garage, and into the house where he can get his water and see the birds. He is afraid of Tilly. (and rightly so, she will herd anything right now!!) Tippy is too, but she hisses and growls and spits and shows her ass and Tilly heads for under the bed.

the salmon are hitting the beach right about the time I head for the Playhouse, so I am not able to go fishing this year! DAMN!! I was so wanting to take advantage of the Humpy run this year and stock the freezer.


Pink or Humpy salmon

Maybe I can this weekend! I love fishing. I don't even care if I catch anything. It is the act of standing on the edge of the water and throwing this teeny tiny little Buzz Bomb into this vast great ocean and actually thinking that SOME dumb fish will take your line out of all the others that are out there. Damn we are an arrogant species aren't we...

No comments: