Saturday, August 27, 2005

Blithe Spirit




As you may know I am very involved with COmmunity Theater. Right now I am directing Blithe Spirit by Noel COward, which is a funny farce in 3 acts. Some of you have shown an interest in wanting to know what all happens during the production of a show.

The picture above is the first week of rehearsal. We are in the rehearsal studio, with no props, no stage, just mirrors and chairs. We use masking tape on the carpet and lay out our stage. And we play from scripts until we get our "blocking" done.

Today we all got together and went in and painted the set. I have it all a really pale blue, cold and stern. I want the actors to bring the color into the show, not the set. THe lighting will also work better if the stage is monochromatic. THe furniture is a pastel floral, and will work nicely. When Elvira, the ghost of wife number 1 walks in, she will be all in gray, her skin her clothing etc. and the lining of her shroud is red satin. My way of showing that she is a real colorful character. When WIfe #2 dies, she shows up in the identical gray outfits, but her lining is Ice Blue. Cold as her heart was. Madame Arcati is the Medium who will be holding the seance and she is all colorful. THerefore I did not want the set interferring with their characterizations. I think we did pretty good.

We got all the flats painted, and will do the floor the week before the show starts. I will take plenty of pictures when we get finished, and in dress rehearsal. I have not shown a BEFORE picture, so now you will be on the edges of your seats to see the AFTER pictures. Nasty aren't I ;)

I totally crashed yesterday. I was wrried about high blood sugar, so I did not eat any carbs, and right after I ate 2 plain hotdogs and some cheese, all protein, I felt myself starting to crash. It feels like there is ice water flowing through your veins, then I got really shaky, and at this time Bob came in for our Friday night Date. He was gonna call 911, but I convinced him that I would be fine, so he got me some honey and a glass of milk, and watched me until I was better. Blood sugar got down to 39. NOT a good thing. Should be around 100-120. OOPS!!

So today I was concentrating on getting those carbs in me too. I feel much better tonight, even after all the hard work today. It is a feel good feeling knowing that another crisis was averted.

Ya'll be good now, and JOHN! GET OUT NOW!!!!! Get Bear up to Becky's place and wait it out. Wanda, and TW and anyone else in harms way, take care. Let us know when you are back home safely please.

No comments: