Monday, March 21, 2005

Woe is me...

I just got back from the Playhouse. AS I have told you before we are doing an Agatha Chrisite play originally titled AND THEN THERE WERE NONE! I started to put the title of this posting down as Ten Little Indians Standing in a line...As TEN LITTLE INDIANS is the name the play is now called. But in light of the news I just heard, I thought that might not be politically correct. SAD!! So SAD!!!

ANYWAY Back to the PLAYHOUSE. The villain is out sick, AGAIN!!! He has missed over half of the rehearsals due to other commitments. The last show he starred in was RUMORS in 2003. On Opening night we had to call an ambulance for him and he was hospitalized for the duration of the show with severe pneumonia. (Sprayed a sofa black, and breathed too many fumes into his lungs) Right now we are not sure what his ailment is. We have a live show for the Press THURSDAY night. And the third act is all f*cked up!!!! The leading lady, does not know her lines, and they are all off book right now, and off prompt, which means they have to ad lib until they remember the line. She just stops and says I need my line, we don't give it, BUT I NEED MY LINE. And what are you going to do during a real performance, ASK THE FREAKING AUDIENCE WHAT YOUR FREAKING line IS???? GRRRRRRR

And our board Liaison is having problems communicating with the Director, and wont talk to any body else. And he is sposed to building the set. GRRRRRRRRRRR

and the light cues in the third act go to total blackout, and one lady says she cant see. Well You are not sposed to SEE!!! ARRRRGHGGHGHHHHHHHHH!!

I came real close to handing the light cues over to someone and walking out. I would not do that, as that is not the professional thing to do, But DAMN I wanted to.
I even yelled at the director tonight, but that is ok, Cause we are good friends, besides she cant hear good anyway! :)

I will be glad when this show is open, so I can get on with the next one, and just bury this one way down deep where I wont remember it. The next one is A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM. And Rusty is directing, And I read Rusty;s mind, and she reads mine too.

OK RANT OVER!

coming home tonight I almost forgot to get gas, so I turned around went back through town and onto the SeaPlane Base to get gas at the NEX (Navy Exchange) It was really dark out, and the stars were shining like diamonds! It was so pretty!. When you go on Base now, you have to show two forms of ID, your insurance papers for the car, roll down the side windows facing the guard, turn off your headlights, and turn on your dome light. Then you have to hold your ID card out the window for them to see. Meanwhile they have guns pointed in your direction, and they don't like jokes. They are so very nice though. Good evening Ma'am, and where are you going tonite? To get Gas. Very well Ma'am Proceed. Just makes you feel weird. Protected but weird. It is a sad state of affairs that our society has gotten into.

After I left town again, it was really dark as the moon had not come up yet, and thick fog was forming on the ground. The stars as I said were so pretty. All the constellations were popping just like they were meant to be a graphic in an astronomy class. I could see Orion, and Cassiopeia, and the big and little dipper, and several others that I cant remember. I love driving in the dark! The clear starry dark that is.

I have just finished a meat loaf sandwich, left over from Saturday night, so now It is time to get to bed. I finished the last of the Ladies detective agency books that ABS got me started on. Take place in Botswana, and they are very charming little books. This last one was called A FULL CUPBOARD OF LIFE, and If you get a chance to read them, DO IT!! Nothing really deep, just charming little books written by a man, about a Botswana Woman who inherits money from her Father and opens the first Ladies Private Investigative Office. CUTE BOOKS there are 5 of them so far.

I am about to start on J A Jance's latest one, Die another Death or something like that. I am tired, and I am finally wound down, so I'll catch you all tomorrow.
SLEEP TIGHT, And don't let the bed bugs bite!! ;)

No comments: