Wednesday, March 23, 2005

LIGHTS!! I Have LIGHTS!!

I went in today at 2:00 to meet the woman who was going to help me reposition the lights over the backdrop. I get in there and find that the MAN has already found a replacement power supply, and has all of the proper plugs in the proper places, and has the lights turned on. WHEW!!! BIG relief. He is the one who installed the light plot, and knows all there is to know about them. Unfortunately he is not the world's greatest teacher. He is so very very smart, and can do it all himself in the snap of your finger, but gets sidetracked trying to TEACH you.

He was muttering about the grand master and the submasters which he has done several times before, but I am a show me person, and I need to play in order to get it. This he does not do. He left, I worked with new lady, got the lights all hung correctly and the gobos out of the barndoors. Then she left.

I went on up to the light booth and went to run the cues, as a test, and the MAN had reprogrammed them all to the sub/grand master format which was NOT my cues! ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! So I looked back over the cues, and found most of them that could be changed back easily, so I only lost an hour. (Whew) Same man that re-programmed them for the last show too. (dear sweet man that he is...)

We got the commercial filmed, and I got the light person situated, and then I left. I had been there for over 6 hours, and had not eaten all day, so I needed to get home. Besides, West Wing was about to start. Can't miss West Wing. One of the best written shows on television!!!

Leslie, I missed The Amazing race last night, do you keep score? I write down every week who comes in first, second, third etc.... I suppose there is a website I could check on huh?

Tomorrow is Press Night, so IF they do not have their lines ready by then, then God help Them. I told Dottie to run them through acts 2+3 twice tonite, so they will be able to get it right. Should be interesting.

wish us luck...

No comments: