Sunday, July 25, 2004

Sundays.....Ho HUM

AHHHHHHHHH IT is soooooo much cooler today! Actually rather pleasant! It was overcast with fog until about 200 this afternoon, and then it got hot. But it was a cool hot compared to the past few days. Cool Marine Air comes sweeping in from the Pacific and funnels through the Straight of Juan de Fuca and smacks right into Whidbey Islands West Side. Last night the wind was blowing so hard that it broke another branch off of my poor overburdened-half-gone-now peach tree. IT hit the really hot air that was sitting in the Sound and FOG formed! Love that summer Fog!!!

I woke up this morning with the worst back ache, and barely moved all day! I did get out to refill the feeders, trim back the Pussy willow Bush, and prune the roses. I sat in the chair and watered the brown grass and roses. It has been so hot that even my Petunias have sunburned!! BUMMER! I should just give up on this years garden and start over next year!.

I was sitting out on the deck with my Daughter this evening burning a citronella candle and eating grilled hamburgers, and talking about the yard. I want a Garden Gnome. Not one of those really cheap icky ones, but one of the really cute ones that cost about 249.95! Then Donna cracked up and said she had been meaning to google Obscene garden gnomes and see what came up. FUNNY!!!!! There is a site about three sites down that has funny jokes etc on it but no obscene garden gnomes.

So I googled just garden gnomes. Ya know, there are an awfully lot of people out there with not a hell of a lot to do! LOLOLOLOLOL some are legit, but some of these sites are just WRONG! I gave up. I did bookmark some sites though. I think I read somewhere about the Gnome Book which is written like they were real. I will have to look it up.

I still want a Garden Gnome. One like they show on that cheap airline site? About 36 inches tall. Sadie would bark her ass off at it all day long!

I Love kitsch like that tucked away among the plants in the garden. Little plaster pigs, kittens playing with butterflies, mushrooms, gnomes, etc. SO for Mothers Day Donna got me a string of Flamingo Christmas lights to put around the deck. I forgot all about them until just now. I will have to find them and get them hung out there. The neighbors will really know we are cheap white trash then.

No comments: