Saturday, July 17, 2004

C'mon RAIN!!!

I am sitting out on the deck tonight, after having heated up the house by cooking a brisket.  It is hot and muggy right now, and not a breeze is stirring.  IT IS HOT!!!!!!   I don't do HOT!!!   I HATE HOT!!!!!  If I had wanted HOT I would've moved down south or someplace that was HOT.  I chose the Pacific Northwest because it ISN'T HOT!   At least not normally!  We have not had a good rain in quite awhile.  I forget when the last one was, but we are expecting some tomorrow. 
 
Right now it is 80 degrees F and high humidity.  Donna called her Husband in Ellensburg and it was 102F!!!  It is 8:30 PM folks!  not supposed to be this warm.  supposed to cool off down into the 40-50 * range at night.
 
We are not prepared for this kind of weather, as we all have our jackets at the ready...And no A/C!  I took the electric blanket off my bed last week, and washed it, and have not gotten it put back on yet.  THANK GOODNESS!!!  Even the birds are having a problem with it.
 
I know, Ya'll think I am whining, and you have it lots hotter, but you'uns are ready for it, and wait for it.  We usually only get two or three days of the really hot stuff a year, and that is in August!  I can hardly wait!!!
 
I was watching CBUT out of Vancouver, BC today and they went to Edmonton for some CFL football, and they showed the city and said it was 30* there!  Now I can do that unless they really meant Celsius...Which is 90 or close to that.  SHUDDER!
 
When I got my orders to Nevada I cried.  It gets 110 there on a regular basis, and I don't do heat well.  It got that way for the whole July and august!!  But the nice thing about it was it would drop down into the 50's at night.  conversely, the winters would fall to -10* F at night and warm up to 50-60 during the day. 
 
there is nothing nicer than a winter in Nevada.  Cold and clear, with snow on all the mountain tops, and animals everywhere.
 
I think I will go in and take a nice cool shower and stretch out on my bed naked under the fan, and just dry that way. 
 
Sadie has successfully chased Lola away for the third time today, so I now have her contained on the deck, so Poor Lola can get to the feeders to eat.
 
The neighbors plums are ripe!  I reached over the fence and stole three of them and they are sooo sweet and juicy!  Last year she told me take as many as I needed, so I made plum Preserves.  I still have a few jars left, so I may have to go swipe some more.
 
I hope you all are having a good weekend.  I did NOTHING today except cook dinner.  Tomorrow I am going to Concert on the Cove series   They play in the town park, in the band stand, and it is so cool to take your blankets and a lunch and go sit on the grass and listen to band music.  There is an old curmudgeon that lives across the street from the band stand, and every Sunday he gets out and rides his muffler-less riding mower as loud and as long as he can.  He will then get arrested and hauled off in hand cuffs for disturbing the peace.  Then after the concert, he will be released until the next Sunday when it starts all over again.  the City Council offered to pay for his wife and him to go to a nice restaurant during the time that the concerts were on, but he refused.  He is the old retired Mayor of  Coupeville, that got asked to retire because he was such a shit.  He still is.  It really is quite funny because he is 78 or 79 and his daughter goes to the concerts, and when she sees him getting out the lawn mower, she runs over and tries to stop him before he gets arrested.  It is a hoot!!
 
Mosquitoes are biting...gotta go...


No comments: