Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day!



I am usually one to be right in the middle of all the celebration, and fireworks, and parades, but today I am not. I have been very depressed, trying to cope with my Son, my house, my health and my relationship. I did grill Baby back ribs and invited the family over.

Before I get into the rest of my day I want to send you over to Brian's house, and read what he has to say. He is a Educator, and has just moved, and taken over the position of Principal in a new school, He is a single father, and he is a very special man. Some of you know him already, and I have been reading him since waay befor his divorce and move from Washington. He wrote a post on The Declaration of Independence that should be read by every single American old enough to read. It should be ingrained in our minds from the time we are able to hear. We should all be as cognizant of what it means and what it took to get to that point. We should also never forget the cost of lives to gain our independence.

Every American older than 18 should be registered to vote, and exercise that right to vote in every single election. A friend of mine says that we get the Government that we deserve. i took exception to that until I realized that he meant it in a way that says...HEY GET OFF YOUR UNEDUCATED ASS AND VOTE INSTEAD OF BITCHING ABOUT IT! He is right. We all need to educate ourselves on the issues affecting us and our lives, and vote for the ones we want. If our side does not win this time, then we need to get out there and try to change it for the next time.

My Son In Law never voted, but boy he sure complained until he was told that unless he DID vote, he had no right to critisize as he might be the reason the one he wanted in did not make it. He votes in every election now! I have voted in every election since I turned 21. I could not wait to vote! (ok It was Nixon, and I screwed up!)

It is so cold tonight that I am laying here in bed, with two afghans, a comforter and fuzzy socks on! I did not even go down to the beach like I usually do, because there were thunderstorms and lightning, and I was just too down to go. Bob left early, and I jumped into a hot bath and just laid there listening to the fireworks, and Sadie.

I hope all you Americans had a great 4th, and were all safe and secure. I hope all of you Canadians had a great Canada Day and were also safe and secure. The rest of you out there, I hope you had a great weekend, and Thanks for putting up with my ranting lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »