Thursday, July 07, 2005

up before the birds even...

Yep, it is 445 AM and I woke up sweating, and cant get back to sleep. I have been off of my hormones now for two weeks and other than a few mood swings, it has not been as bad as I was expecting. Of course I had been on them for over 20 years! All spare parts in my body have LEFT THE BUILDING! When the Dr told me at my yearly oil change that he was taking me off of them I almost cried. I remember the horrible mood swings and depression that I went through after surgery until the Dr I had then decided that OOPS we just took all hormone producing organs out of this 38 year old, I'll just bet she needs some Premarin. YA THINK?

It is not hot out so I guess my sweating was a mild power surge. not really wet, just hot! kicked those covers off, and laid there for about 30 minutes. I looked out side, and it isnt even light yet! It is amazing how fast it goes from being light at 345 AM to not being light until 530 or so. We have had clouds and rain for three days, so it may be cloudy still, and that keeps it really dark out.

Mrs. Robin is out there in her tree just singing her little heart out. she is getting closer, so she must be able to see the grass, and the worms that are hiding there. Although the grass is so tall I wonder how. I tried to get out and mow on Monday, but I could only get about 1/4 of it done before my back gave out on me. I really miss My brother keeping the yard looking nice like he did for the past two years. I just cant afford to pay him anymore. Darn!! He kept it looking really good, weedeated the yard and kept the grass mowed and raked. If it does not rain this weekend I'll get out and try for a little bit more. Maybe between DOnna and I we can knock the majority of the weeds down along the fence and deck line. I gave up on my little garden, It got away from me, and now it is full grown weeds about 4 feet high. The birds LOVE it, but I cant see my Iris' and my hydrangea bush is totally hidden.

I am getting ready for Auditions for Blithe Spirit next Monday and Tuesday. I have the Blocking almost done for Act 1 so I had better spend some time finishing this before I procrastinate my self into a stress-corner. Rusty and I are a team, SHe directs and I produce, or I direct and she produces. But we boxed ourselves into a corner this year without realizing it. she did FORUM which just closed, and I am doing Blithe which opens in Sept, and she is doing Little Shop which Auditions in August and opens in November, so we are going to be some really busy chicks, and then NOTHING for a few months. I will be producing Caine Mutiny in April '06, but I just may try and save my pennies and take a road trip North for a week or so between shows.

I may sit next year out unless there is a show I really want to get involved with. I have been at this for 5 years straight, and Ive done about 3 out of 5 shows a year. I like to do it, but I think I need a bit of a break from it for a while. I am starting to get tired of all the back door politicing that is going on, and I dont need that. Back biting, cut throating, malicious gossiping...GOOD LORD. I had to deal with it at work but I dont have to deal with it in my retirement. I can walk away from it all if I want to. We'll see.

Well it is now fairly light out, you can see across the street and the birds are all awake and chirping, but it is still dark. the cloud cover must be pretty thick. We get clouds that are like thick gray winter blankets that cover everything and let in very little sunlight. Makes for really depressing days. I need some sunshine.

or Coffee!!!!!

No comments: