Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'm here!

I have been so busy and so sore, that I have not had a chance to sit down and write. ill dont, but felt that if I did not update and post SOMETHING soon, you all would leave and not come back.

I held auditions for My new show BLITHE SPIRIT on Monday and Tuesday night. A total of 7 people showed up. It is getting harder and harder to compete with every other thing that is taking people's time. There were 7 roles to fill, so I cast everyone that auditioned in a role. It isn't what I wanted, but I can work with it. What I can NOT work with though is losing my leading man 3 hours after I cast him!!! He was thrilled to get the role, but realized that he could not do the lead, as he had some issues with his father that he had to deal with over the next month or so.

So once again, I am looking for one good man! At least this time Im not looking for Jesus! Just Charles. I'll get there...(rolling eyes)

Last weekend I really did a number on my back. I have three compressed disks in my lower spine, and when they start acting up, it is sheer hell!! I have had to walk with my walking stick. ANd because of the way I'm walking I guess, my Knees are acting up too. THose pesky darned knees. I think I am gonna try and see if my insurance will cover surgery since they switched over. I have been flat on my back in bed most of the day, then get up, check my email and work on play.

This weekend I will finish blocking and then rehearse our little hearts out. We wont open until September 16, but it is amazing how fast the time goes, when you are trying to get a set built and lines learned in time.

Rusty and I are going to be so pooped!! we will have done three shows in a row by the time we close HER show in November. Then we are both taking a break. WHew.

OH!!! I have a JOB!!!!! I can sit right where I am right now, and answer the phone!
I will be a customer service rep for a friend of mine who runs an internet business. I will get paid a prety good salary for a little work. THey are furnishing the land line 800 # into my house, a cell phone for away from home calls, a lap top and color 3/1 printer, a fax machine, and a company credit card for expenses!! WHOO WHO> It will surely help me get through the month! My retirement check pays all the bills, but there is NOTHING left for incidentals. This will allow me money to play too!! YES. This Man was my Boss at the Navy Exchange in Bangor, Washington. We have a great relationship and I love his wife! It is really her company, but he runs it. I think. ANyway I am excited.

So that has been my week, and I think my brain is scrambled....

No comments: