Sunday, July 31, 2005

PHHHFFTTTTT!!!!

I hate to try and make up a title when I am not sure what I am going to blog about.

I could not sleep last night, kept waking up with back cramps and leg cramps, and then a freaking HOTFLASH! Come on there Dude!! I am damn near 60 years old fer Chrissake!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Go give those Power surges to someone else.

Actually it hasn't been that bad really. It has been almost a month sine the Dr took away my hormones, and I have only really melted down twice, and only 3 or 4 hot flashes. I may just have this one licked!! Now if only I could dump this freaking weight!!! I have gained a good 50 lbs since I retired, and Lord knows I did not need to do that at all!! But it is extremely hard to exersise when you have a back that gives out and puts you on the ground, and 2 bad knees that wont work.

My Dr. brought up the subject about Weight loss surgery, but I have such a rotten luck with major surgery I am not sure I want to go that route. I asked about lapband and he said no, that they have a bad record of coming undone. Trust me, if something can go awry with a surgery it will happen to me.

Every one I have had, has had to be redone for various reasons. The last one was 1984 when they final took the other tube and ovary out, and then the rest of my cervix. Somehow they knicked a bowel and two days after being released I was back in having it all done over again. This time they left me wide open, no stitches, to heal from the inside out.

My son who was 13 at the time, bless his heart, was my nurse. He would change my dressing, and irrigate it with saline solution, then re-dress me. I do not know what I would have done if He had not been there. He was wonderful through all of that. No complaints at all. He was such a good kid!

anyway, I am not sure I want to go through all of that again. I keep hoping that I will wake up some day skinny again and it will have all been a bad dream!

I had planned to go up to Mt Baker today, with my cameras and just shoot pictures all day. But after no sleep last night, I called Bob and told him I was not going to go, so he could work on his Motorcycle if he needed to. I really wish I could have gone. Maybe I will next weekend. IT is so pretty up there in the summer. The heather is all in bloom and all of the wildflowers are out. The glaciers on the sides of the Mountain are so close that you can walk up to them. I wont though, too high! I will sit on the bench and watch the other people hike up!

Have any of you seen Mars this month? It is so bright about 400AM and right over my head if I am lying on my back. I can lay there and see Mars, how way cool is that? I would love to be able to see the new planet that they just discovered. No official name yet though.

SHIT!!! I just saw the time at the bottom of the page here, it is 200!! I need to get my self to bed!! I have a SUNDAY IN THE PARK concert to go to tomorrow. The 133rd Army Band will be playing. gotta go support our troops!! I will come back with pictures again.

No comments: