Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Reruns...

What a wuss I am…I am watching an OPRAH rerun and I KNOW what happens, but I am still sitting here bawling my eyes out just as much as I did when I saw it the first time. This is Her WILDEST DREAMS show, and she has taken a woman who has three kids of her own and has taken in her 6 nieces and nephews who had lost their parents to Drugs. She has just given all nine of the children a 20 minute shopping spree at Toys are us, then since they were all sleeping in beds with other children, (been there) She gave them all brand new beds, a new living room, a brand new kitchen with all appliances, NATE BURKUS to decorate their place, and A BRAND NEW HOUSE!!! This lady is practically peeing her pants. There is a 12 year old girl who is just bawling her eyes out over all of this, and that made me start too. SNORF!! I know that at the end of all of this she will also get a vehicle, I just cant remember what kind.

OPRAH is such a wonderful woman. She came from a poor background, had some horrible things happen to her, and came through it all to work her way up through the networks to the point where she is now. What is truly wonderful about her is that she GIVES BACK! I do not know how many young people she has paid through college, but it has to be more than 1 a year!! She is truly a good soul. Yes she lives grandly, and I would too, but she gives a lot of her money to charities and to African Missions, all to improve the lives of women around the world. She is truly an inspiring woman.

Now I wish she would come and fix my yard so that it can be maintained by me and my arthritic back and knees. I don’t want much, just the back yard leveled and raised beds put in for veggies and flowers, a hedge planted around the fence line, a concrete patio off the wooden deck, and the front of the house porched all across it. That is all. Not a lot.
Ah well, I guess I have not paid enough dues to have my Wildest dreams come true.

Now the news is on, and the first wildfire of the season has started. 32 homes are threatened, in Eastern Washington, east and North East of Omak. Even with all of the rain we have had lately, we are still in drought conditions. Eastern Washington is all desert and sage brush and burns like crazy, with very low humidity. It is really bad when you can see the fire smoke over the top of the Cascade mountains. Makes you really glad that you live on this side, and are more likely to have fire protection close by.

We had an impromptu BBQ last night, as I had planned one for the fourth, but everyone said they could not come, so It was just gonna be Bob and I, but then Phyllis and Sherry came too, so we BBQ’d steaks and enjoyed the weather on the deck. After it got dark, or at least almost dark, Bob and I went down to the beach to watch other people shoot off their booty. It is quite the thing down there, watching the private displays, and then looking across the water at Port Townsend and seeing the city sponsored ones. I got home just before 11:00 and headed for bed, and then listened to the fireworks in Everett, across the Island to the East. Seems they were delayed by 1.5 hours so they started at 11:30. SO until Midnight, I laid there listening to the booms and bangs , and then went quietly to sleep when it all ended. SO here we are on the 5th of July, all cloudy and cool, waiting for even more rain, and the silence is strange after all of the noise of the weekend. With my luck, the Planes will start in this evening…

No comments: