Friday, March 31, 2006

Fields of flowers...



Today is the start of the Skagit Valley Tulip festival. It is located just west of I-5 and just South of Hiway 20. It is early this year, or maybe the tulips are late. I was over there last weekend, and only the Daffodils were out. And as I mentioned before, only a few fields.

When the tulips bloom, the valley is a riot of color. The fields are staggered with different colored flowers, and from a distance they look like a Patchwork quilt.

I wonder how much longer they will be there before the heirs sell out to the developers.

I actually got out and mowed the front yard yesterday. It is really small, but pushing and pulling the mower did a number on my poor back! I am going to try to get the back yard in pieces. Poor Sadie cant pee without tickling her butt on the tall grass.

As I was mowing yesterday, I noticed that my tulips are starting to bloom! I planted a few 13 years ago, and now there are quite a few more. I planted pink ones and I am getting Orange and red and yellow ones. They must have been hybrids, and when they multiplied they reverted back again to their parent color. Hummmmm!

The peach tree, or what is left of it after the wind storm last year, is sending out flowers, so maybe I will have some fruit after all this year.

I have to go in to the Playhouse tomorrow and set the lights for CAINE MUTINY COURT MARTIAL. It is going to be pretty good. The guys are really fighting to learn their lines, and the retired Capt that is playing Cdr Queeg is really good. I think I am going to stay with the Playhouse, but I will not be as active as I was. Just keep my hand in until I get really tired of it. If I don't I will have nothing else to do, and I know I would become very agorophobic. I feel myself getting that way more and more. Not wanting to go out, not wanting to get dressed, putting off doing things, just sitting and crocheting or watching old movies. I need to win the lotto, so I can buy a motor home and travel all over the western hemisphere. I would love to drive from BArrow, AK to Patagonia, Can you imagine the photo gallery I would have? MAN!! From Polar Bears, to Penquins!!

No comments: