Thursday, March 02, 2006

Where are my Hummers?

My Hummingbirds are late! For the past five years I have been keeping tab on when I first see the Hummingbirds at my feeder, and the latest they have been was 4 years ago when they arrived on the 2nd of March. I have had the feeder up for three weeks, because Blogeois said she had them buzzing around and Fran at Northwest notes said She had them in Seattle, so I figured they could be here any day.

I have had the flickers, and the woodpeckers eating the suet like mad, The finches are back in force, the House sparrows and the Red wing Blackbirds are back, but no Hummers!!

We have finally turned the corner to Spring. THe sun has been shining for the past two days, and it is finally warming up!! The Plum tree next door is busting out all over with blossoms, and the crocus are FINALLY coming up through all of the maple leaves that have blown over and covered them up. (hey Free Mulch, ok?)

I am heading over to the Skagit Valley next week and see if the Daffodil Fields have finally popped open. I need me a big big batch of daffodils sitting in my big blue vase on the dining room table!! That always makes me feel like spring has sprung.

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

No comments: