Monday, April 04, 2005

I'm WHUPPED!!!

I am so damn tired!! I slept most of the weekend, because this damn cold is rebounding on me and I am as weal as a kitten.

TOnight I had Auditions for A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM and it was a hoot. We had them all take a sheet and make their own togas in 90 seconds!! SOme of them had no clue!!! One man said HA! I just looked this up on the internet, and he went whap, whap whap and had it on it nothing flat. I would say he is prepared for the role.

We need 18 people for the cast and we got 5! I just do not know what is wrong with this town. All of a sudden it is like there is no more people that want to commit to a 3 month long rehearsal schedule. Is little Theater going the way of Family Picnics at work I wonder? No one shows up except management, and only because they were told they HAD to go.

There are so many activities now for every one that there is no more time in the family schedule for the old stand bys. Even the kids that want to be actors, have schedules they have to work around...softball, soccer, baseball, basketball, graduation, concerts, etc. Whoa!!

I think that we need to start beating the bushes and putting out massive publicity articles, about the need for volunteers of all types. I sure would hate to see the Playhouse close, for lack of interest.

I am hitting the bed now folks, I am fried!!!!

G'nite/

No comments: