Monday, April 25, 2005

For Brenda!


hummers

You can not tell by the picture, but there are six tiny little birds trying to fight over the four ports on this feeder. THey were so FAST! I got a blurry one on the right, and two sitting down, but there are three others just out of the picture around front and up on top. I have 4 feeders up right now, (two broke) and they drain them all everyday! The little greedy buggers start their buzzing right in my ear every morning just as the light starts out. I have it hanging right in front of my bedroom window, and I sleep with my head at the window with the window open, and the buzz from their wings does not wake me up, but the 4 cats running over the top of me to get to the window first do. Loki is usually the first one to hit his face on the screen, followed by Chitters and lint. Ethel usually waits until the boys are through being stupid, then she will lay in the window and chatter at them all.

Harriet and Harry have been hogging the suet feeders from Mort and Morticia, but they get their fair share too. I put peanuts out for them but they prefer the beef suet and seed blocks that I use. Lace them with just a touch of Cayene pepper, and they LOVE it. I do not know why.

TOmorrow I need to get some things done in the yard, I need to rake up the hay that was hartvested in my yard on Saturday. It was 18" high and rising, until Mike brought his rider over and cut it down. He did not have time to rake it, so I need to get that up before it kills the grass. (HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!)

Hope you enjoy the hummers Brenda!! I waited and waited until just the right moment to get this for you.

If any of you know of a Fairy Godmother send her my way, I really need to finish painting the inside of my house, And I just keep putting it off. I need HELP, but my family runs when I mention it. I sooooo need the good fairy!!!

No comments: