Monday, February 16, 2004

Yucky Day!!

Today is Bob's Birthday, SO since i KNOW that he will not use anything that I might buy him for a gift, I took him out to dinner. We went to the tacky cheap Mexican place down Island. GREAT FOOD. Dirty TOrn upholstery, walls are a mess, prices are fantastic, service is great and there is standing room only. Hole in walls are really good sometimes! Came back here watched CNN and then he left. It is too cold in here for him, and I am being a cheap skate with the heat and the wood!! I am almost out of seasoned wood, and winter is not over yet. I can always put on another pair of socks and crawl under the blanket. It is a cinch that he wont crawl under it with me, so he left for home. Bet you a buck he does not make it past the TYEE Restaurant and BAR!! i dont drink anymore, so When we go out he only has one beer, leaves early and then goes and gets tanked up. At least it isn't on my dime!!! The hangovers he can't blame on me either if he has one.

It turned really nasty today. Windy and rainy and chilly!! THe stars are out now though. so maybe tomorrow will be sunny and warmer. It's Deck season almost. I think the Alders are starting to push out their catkins, which means that the pollen will be covering everything, and my allergies will be raging!! i do love spring though. My Pussy Willows are almost popped out, and then I will prune the bush way back and also have a good bouquet of pussy willows to dry and have on hand.

THe Iris that I transplanted last Fall are poking their new fans up also! I thought I had lost them in the cold, but apparently not! TIme to start pruning the roses too. I want to get the front of the house looking pretty this spring. It is covered in weeds, and it is time to get out there and refurbish the look. Transplant the roses to the back yard where they will get better sun, and then dig up and replant all the front beds. I think I will put annuals along there, so they can be replanted yearly as the whim hits me. Right now I am into petunias, and other sweet smelling flowers. GOtta plant Sweet Peas next week too, all around the deck.

It will probably snow next week.

My dentist called this morning and wondered why I had not been in in a while, FUNNY YOU SHOULD CALL.....So March 1st I have an appointment to get my tooth fixed, and then start on the rest of the work that needs to be done. The knee well....we'll play that one by ear. Gotta have my teeth!! I can hobble with the knee can't eat with no teeth.

Well My fingers are frozen so its time to go crawl under the electric blanket and watch tv. See ya...

No comments: