Friday, February 13, 2004

So much for sunshine!

I woke up this morning, bright eyed and bushy-tailed (don't go there Don) and early!! The sky was just turning a pretty pink. Since I sleep with my head out the open window, I exhaled and saw my breath. It was 28 degrees out there, and the Doves were feeding at the feeders. I watched the morning come alive, and the birds all wake up. I heard the mystery bird again this morning. I think it is some kind of Warbler or Thrush. I cant tell. I spent a few hours on enature.com listening to bird songs, still can't find it. Dang!!! Any Way Back to the sunshine. I went out on the deck and drank a cup of coffee, and just soaked up the warmth and enjoyed the birds. Sadie was right there beside me the whole time.

The past few mornings I have been visited by a female Downy woodpecker. Last year there were the males, both Downy and Hairy, but no females. and this year I have not seen either Harry or Mort! They both look alike except for the size. The Downey woodpecker is 1/2 the size of the Hairy woodpecker. I have the suet feeders full now, so They will continue to come back.

What I have not seen this year though are the Squirrels. I saw Lola AROUND THE FIRST OF THE YEAR, AND NOTHING SINCE THEN. (OOOPS Caps on) sorry...I think it is because Sadie is such a sassy little bitch...She barks at everything! She may have scared Lola and the others away. I hope not. I worked so hard to get them into the yard. Mariah never barked at Lola. In fact Lola could run right over the top of her and she would just lay there.

THe sun has been hidden by the cold front that is rolling in from the Pacific. THe clouds were very high and thin this morning, but it is gray and cold out there right now. It is s'posed to rain any time now, and clear through the weekend. Swell. Ah well, I am busy this weekend anyway, so it can rain all it needs to, then it can clear up by Tuesday and start getting Warm again. 'Tis Time. It is Spring. Or should be anyway.

I will have to make it over to the Skagit Valley next week and see if the flowers are blooming yet. We grow all sorts of Spring flowering bulbs over there, So many that we Export them to Holland so that they can Import them to US! Doesn't make sense to me, but that is the way it goes folks. The fields are GORGEOUS with Daffodils and Tulips and Iris's and all sorts of bulby plants.

Gotta get ready for Friday nights Sell-out!! See ya!

No comments: