Sunday, February 15, 2004

Pot-Pourri

Since It has been a long while since I posted anything this will be a mish mash of "stuff" A pot-pourri of topics. I blogwalked this afternoon, and caught up on everybod's weekend. Did not comment much, wanted to get through everybody first.

At Denny's I shamelessly stole this picture. I thought it put to words my feelings on Kerry quite well.



................................................................................................................................................

I also was sitting here and chomping on those cute little Brachs candy hearts, the ones with those little sayings on them...and broke a fricking TOOTH!!! Damn! Now I will have to get a crown instead of a new knee!! That just pisses me off!!

I got home last night about 1230 after striking the set of GODSPELL!! So now I go down into the annals of history. Sold 95% of the seats. Which is a really good sell through. I worked Box office yesterday, and had to tell everyone we were SOLD OUT! YES!!

The Show was fantastic last night. Judas in the 2nd act runs off stage and out the exit door and bangs it loudly. It is down about 7 steps. He waits about 10 minutes and then comes slamming back in. (He supposedly is betraying Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. ) Well last night he slipped and fell down those 7 steps, hit his head on the door which made the noise like he was sposed to, and just lay there. Only a very few of us saw what happened. I ran down the stairs, knee forgotten for the moment, and helped him up to the green room. We spent the next 5 minutes icing his foot and tying his lace up boots tighter. He made it back on stage for the cruxifiction scene, and was able to carry Jesus off, but there were huge tears streaming down his face from the pain. Bless his heart!! He is a Navy Corpman, and knew something was wrong, so right after curtain, we whisked him off to the hospital. THe Usher works with him and made comment about how she could not wait to see the accident report.

In the Military, any time an active duty person is injured, on duty or not, you have to fill out an accident report. We figured it would read something like this:

ACCIDENT OCCURED WHERE: Stairwell of the Pharisees temple

What WAS THE PATIENT DOING WHEN IT HAPPENED: Betryaing Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.

HOW MANY DAYS OF WORK WERE MISSED? Just the last supper! Made it back for the cruxifiction.

Yeah I know...We are sick Puppies!! He laughed too.

Anyway, I am done with the Playhouse until next season. GODSPELL is over, and I have nothing welse on my calendar...NOTHING>>> NADA!!!

When I retired this time last year my sister commented as I left her house, "well now I guess all you have to do is wait to die huh?" I will NEVER forget that remark. It has festered in the back of my mind for a year. GOD you don't s'pose she's right do you?...

No comments: