Monday, February 02, 2004

Poor Baby....

Sadie has an Owie!!! She got Spade today, and has a hole in her tummy! I left her off at 9:00 this morning and picked her up at 3:00. She was so happy to see me, but she definately was not feeling her best. She laid on the exam table, and wagged her tail slowly, licked my hand, and peed all over it. (the table, Kat) I took her home, with instructions to keep her calm and dont let her jump or run. OH SWELL!! That's all she ever does!

I put her in her pen to let her sleep, and she laid there shivering. I keep a cold house anyway, but she was kinda shocky I thought, so I got her and pulled her into bed with me turned on the electric blanket shoved her under the covers and just laid there watching tv and holding her until she got warm. She slept about 3 hours, I slept about 1. She woke up and I took her outside and put her on the porch, which she immediately LEAPED off of. Not a good thing. She whimpered and sat down and did not move!! I went back in and got my slippers on, and then walked her all over the back yard until she went pottie.

I had to pick jer up and bring her back in. Right now she is sleeping right over there on a messed up throw rug. Not too far from me. She has not eaten yet, and is sleeping much easier. I hate it when my babies hurt! With the boys it is just a tiny little snip, snip and its all over, (even though THEY think it is major surgery) but with the girls it is Major cutting and moving their insides around and cutting out the spare parts, then stitching from the inside out. Not fun. She will get better in a few days, but I will spoil her until she is....I'm just that way...

No comments: