Monday, July 28, 2003

I hate that the days are getting shorter and shorter. We live in a higher latitude than most of the US, and our days are very long in the summer. It gets light around 345 or 400 around Summer Solstice. It doesnt get totally dark until after 1030 PM. This allows me more bird watching time. I love watching the morning come alive. I love that I can get up make my coffe and enjoy the morning before everyone is up and running. I also love going to bed while the world winds down, and watching it get ever so slightly darker as the seconds roll by. Watching the animals bed down, The Hummingbirds running in for a late evening snake before bed. The Squirrels running up for the peanut that will allow them a midnight snack. and the Swainson's Thrush with his haunting melody telling everyone go to sleep.

I do however LOVE the Fall and Winter!! I do not do HEAT at all! I wait for storms to roll in, and the wind to howl. I LOVE IT!!! Unfortunately the days are really short in the winter. Light at 800, dark at 430! I would go to work in the dark, and get off in the dark, never seeing daylight except for the weekends. Hey!!! I can see it now....I'M RETIRED! :-)...

No comments: