Friday, July 11, 2003

I am getting right into this retirement life!!! I woke up late today, 830, and fixed my coffee. The fog had not lifted quite yet, it was starting to recede off the hill and head back to the Sound. I could hear the ships with their fog horns blaring as they attempted to make the turn from the straight into admiralty inlet and on into Puget sound. The Pt Townsend Ferry tooted as it pulled in and I swear it was right THERE!! only three miles away as the crow flies, but if the tide was only a few hundred feet higher, it would have been in my driveway. I love listening to the deep whhoooots of the ships. it is so Peaceful. Yep. it really is.

The EA6-B's were in a different bouncing pattern this afternoon. They were taking off over the house for a change, usually they are landing over the house. Anyway, they did a hard left turn right over the house, I almost recognize the pilots. God they are getting younger and younger. I remember when I first started working on base, the Lt. and LtCdr's were older men, and I flirted with the single ones, Now I think I Burped the Captains and Admirals!!

Halleluia!! I think Robert is going to actually buy a new truck! His is only 20 years old and has 350,000 miles on it. and no paint. He came in with the primary paperwork. I talked him through getting a loan on line, and he should know the answer tomorrow. His application got kicked back because in the spot where you put how much you pay a month, he puts zero for his house payment, and for his mortgage balance he puts zero, and for all other loans he puts zero. So they think he is trying to hide something. Nope, just always paid cash for everything. Owns his home outright. strange dude. It is totally unamerican to be debt free. I at least have a mortgage.

Still no birds today. I hope it isnt because the dogs are scaring them away, I try to keep them away from the feeders. It just might be the heat. For July it is very hot and dry. Really unusual for us. No rain in almost a month. If it wasn't for the fog, we would have no precipitation.

GOtta run. Told Bob I would pick him up for dinner in 45 min. That was 30 minutes ago...oops.

No comments: