Thursday, July 10, 2003

Good grief Has it been THAT long since I blogged? Must be getting busy huh? I still have not finished painting the office. I still have not finished laying the bricks in the garden, I still have not finished weeding out the front beds. WHat the heck HAVE I done? Cleaned the kitchen, did the washing, CLEANED MY BEDROOM AND BATHROOM. No minor fete there, but it is done now.

I finally finished stuffing and colating 650 envelopes full of advertising and donation literature for the Playhouse. It is time to get the programs full for the next season. I volunteered. It's done. I tried licking the envelopes...NAH!! NY TON TUCK TO DA RUF OF MY MOUD> So I just decided that there had to be a better way. Went to Office Max and asked the girl if she had any envelope lickers...she stuck her tongue out at me!! Actually she had a very rudimentary tube with a sorry ass excuse for a sponge on the end of it. I bought it, but it was use-less. The playhouse has a really neat one, so yesterday I sat in the lobby for 2 hours "licking" envelopes. Now the fund drive is on it's way.

I am Asst, Directing ARSENIC AND OLD LACE, then Asst, directing OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS, then I am Executive producing a one act play for a british gentleman. THE DOCK BRIEF. THEN I am Directing GODSPELL> NAh I'm not too busy... SHEESH

I actually cleaned Bea Bunny's cage out today. SHe is getting really bitchy. She wants to rearrange her cage, knock the litter into her food dish, move the hay around. I think I need to get her Fixed. They say she will be a much calmer house bunny once she is. Better call the bunny doc tomorrow and make an appointment for her.

"Lola" is getting braver and braver around me. She doesnt run off the feeder when she sees me any more. Just doesnt want me getting too close. The Hummingbirds must be starting their migration back to Costa Rica, as they have not been draining the feeders at all lately, I went from filling 6 feeders twice a day to only filling 2 feeders once a week. I have been told that once their broods have fledged they head east of the Cascade range and fly south following the flowering plants. I am going to keep the feeders up for awhile though, some of them are trying to stay all year. My first hummer this year was February 27,

The Black Headed grosbeaks are getting sparser also. With all of the caterpillars out now, most of the birds are feeding on them. The doves and the sparrows and the finches are still here, the chickadees and the woodpeckers are gone for awhile. I miss them.. They will be back this winter. They like my peanut chip suet blocks!!

One of my favorite blogs is back up and writting again. Journal in the heartland. Colin in Scotland. He is a nature lover also, and he and his wife are remodeling their house. I like it.

Pureland Mountain is also back up again. I guess Blogger and him had some major malfunctions. Glad to see they are al worked out. WIll have to read and catch up on all he has done tomorrow with my coffee. Right now it's bedtime...But the Jets from the base are flying low, and bouncing again. Must have a bunch of new pilots trying to get their carrier landing qualifications in on the outlying field. Swell. Makes for great sleeping...NOT

No comments: