Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I slept in today!!! wowser! Didn't get up until 9:00, but then I made my coffee and took it out to the deck and soaked up the rays until it got too hot, then rolled out the umbrella, and read the great book on grilling. As soon as the coffee was finished, and the great horned owl on the wall, hooted three times, I went in and got the strawberries out of the refer and started in again. Didn't get very far though because I was out of jelly jars. GRRRRRRR so get dressed, load the dogs into the car, and headed for Freeland. Ace only had 1 box of three different kinds, so I bought them and headed home. I really need to stock up on wide mouth 1/2 pint jars and pint jars. Gpt three batches of jam cooked and canned and now I'm out of sugar!! Can't win. Guess I will just freeze the rest whole and save them for mid winter strawberry shortcake. YUMMY.

I stirred the jam with the WOODEN SPOON again. It is really worn down on one side, from the years of being stirred with by right handed people. You look at something like that and really SEE it and then you think about the hands that are no longer here, that used to hold it. I KNOW it was used by my mother, and it MAY have even been used by my GRANDMOTHER. Now it is used by me, and if it lasts long enough, maybe by my daughter, where it might get worn out on the other side...she is left-handed.

Bob brought over 3 dozen oysters for July 4th's dinner. Yum.

Oops gotta go get the jam out....

No comments: