Monday, July 14, 2003

It appears that we might be having June's weather in July! Usually June is very wet and unsettled. Thunderstorms, rain, rain and more rain. The strawberries have a tendancy to rot, the Little League Tournaments get rained out, over and over again. THis June was absolutely Gorgeous!! no rain, no thunderstorms, brown grass, and all of the tournaments went through just fine.

Here we are in Mid July, and it is cool, cloudy, dark, and about ready to get wet. Lord knows we need it. I would love to have it RAIN! Big bloppy, wet rain drops. A good soaking rain. The midwest and Southeast has been getting hit pretty hard, but we are as dry as a firecracker! The Madrona trees along Madrona Way are stressed and some are dying. They tolerate dryness pretty well, but this is far beyond a little dry. The past few years have had unusual dry patterns. I know, I know, I bitched about the gray and wet this spring, but with all the rain we had, we STILL were under our normal rainfall.

The cats are all perched on their own respective windowsills, soaking up the cool refreshing air, and wishing I was the type of MOM that would let them go outside. (too bad, too many nasty Coyotes out there that LOVE kitty for lunch!) My kitties are window kitties, and NEVER go outside. If by chance they do escape, by pushing a screen out in the middle of the night, they immediately run to my bedroom window and scream, until I wake up and let them back in. Boy do they purr then. "MOMMIE! You'll never guess what I saw out there! There are really scary things out there. Please fix my screen so I can sit in the window again." A slave to my animals. Yep, that's me. I mentioned to Chemystery that I spoiled my pets, she responded with a sarcastic, "Mom, you spoil every one around you!" harumph!! Well, that is my job!!

I still am wondering where the birds all went. I hear the doves in the trees, but dont see them en mass at the feeders. And my woodpeckers are all gone, presumably pecking at bugs in a dead tree. The Juncos are still here, but I doubt that they ever leave. I hear a Swainson's thrush in the woods. but he is so shy, I never get to see him. I do love his voice though.

I planted a mass of petunias around my vegetable garden. (or what WILL be my vegetable garden, once I get all my house projects done) and with the flowers came a bonus I never expected. BUTTERFLIES! Well, Guess I need to start cultivating butterfly flowers along with the hummingbird poseys. Although they seem to prefer the same ones. SCORE!!! :-)

First round of Auditions for ARSENIC AND OLD LACE was last night. For once, we actually had enough men try out that we should be able to select a great cast. Only one auditioned for Mortimer though, and He wasn't exactly what I had in mind. It is very hard though, because I keep seeing Cary Grant in that role,. and can't quit comparing the two. Another round tonite, and then selection, so maybe someone will show up and surprise us.

I have got to start working on GODSPELL also. Need to get the Staff congealed, and start advance planning for publicity. this is gonna be really a hard sell in this town. It is soooooo traditional, Dutch, Presbyterian, old school. A lot of the members refuse to have anything to do with this show. What a shame. It was created in the 70's by John-Michael Tebelak, after going to an Easter Service and coming away lost. He thought there had to be a better way to get the word of the Lord out. He appealed to his generation, (70's, hippies, flower children) and came away with a fabulous Show. Stephen Schwartz added some really great music, and away we go. Now there are more and more churches that realize that in order to survive, they need to change with the generations. Hopefully we will be able to appeal to those for our audience. Even if you are not a very religious person, It is a great show, and the music is addicting, I find myself singing songs from it all day long.

IT is almost 10:30 so I had better get my big behind up and busy, I now have to plan my day, as I have things to do other than being RETIRED! shoot. CHORES!!! Laundry!!! CATBOX!!!! :-(

No comments: