Saturday, July 12, 2003

Way back in March when I was blogging hard and heavy with the Iraq War, I was up all night, for fear that if I slept, something bad would happen. I was reading every war blog there was, on both sides of the fence, to try and form my own opinions on what was really going on. It was really getting to me. I was stressed out anyway because I was so newly retired from such a high stress job, and did not know how to let go and relax. I was looking at all the blogs I could find, bookmarking some that deserved another look and skimming over others that weren't worth the ether they were using. One such blog I wrote about in my archives as a calm in the storm. I decided that he was refreshing, no war, no politics to speak of, and he watched birds! I started following his blog, and was quite sad that it looked like he had just given it up, presumably to finish working on his house. Well He is back, and I am glad. I think you all would enjoy Colin's blog Journal in the Heartland He walks all over Scotland, and chronicles his journeys. Very interesting.

By the time I got to Bob's to pick him up tonite, he had taken a turn for the worse, and was not up to dinner. I left him there and came on back home. Chemystery was home, which surprised me, because she said she was going East of the Mountains to spend the weekend with her husband. TUrns out he was going to have to work all weekend, and as she said, "I am not going to drive 200 miles to sit in an unairconditioned house with the weather in the triple digits, while my husband is working on the towtruck all day." Can't say as I blame her. It is much cooler on this side of the Cascades. So she is sleeping and so was I, but now I'm wide awake. I hate it when I can't sleep. GRRRRRR guess I'll go read more of Nevada Barr's new book. G'nite

No comments: