Wednesday, February 22, 2006

WHY wasn't it ME!!

Can you imagine winning 350 million dollars? Even split 8 ways...Can you? Man I can!! I know that I would make a LOT of people very secure in their lives!! I would first donate 10% to the Neo-natal division of Children's Hospital. Then I would find a nice big farm to move to so I could adopt even MORE critters!

A blog party would be right up there too! I would finally get to meet those that have been loyal readers for the three years that I have been blogging. It would have to be somewhere we could all get to easily...Canada? South Africa? New Zealand? How about RUSSIA? Or Greenland? Where should we all meet?

Then I would take a cruise around the world, so I could see all those places where YOU live. I think I would then hire me a personal trainer/life support person, and a chef.

There is a lot more that I would do of course, but those are the first things that popped into my head when I heard there was a winner.

My kids would be set. They would still have to work or go back to school and earn a degree, but that would be their choice. No free rides. Sorry. Tim would blow it all, SO I would have to make sure that his was in a trust fund and doled out yearly, As long as he worked to improve his life. I know he would, He just needs a big break. I think. Donna would probably quit her job, and move someplace where she could buy a house and go back to school to get her Doctorate. She would Change her Major I think, and instead of Chemistry, and molecular biology she would concentrate on Organics and Community planning. I don't worry about her,at all, she is tough, she will do fine.

My family could all retire. Phyllis would. She is ready. But then she would be worn out trying to squeeze all her friends into all her spare time!! (shaking head)
Mike would be able to retire and not worry about having to work with a bad back. Sherry could quit the job she has, and find one she LIKES close to home. Galen would be able to go to school and get his medical degree, He has always wanted to be a surgeon. He would not get a lump sum either. He is 28 and single and LOVES toys! He works hard, but he has a lot of toys!

Bob would not want anything. He does not like material things. I think for him, I would take him on a cruise with me, then while he was gone, I would have someone clean his place up, finish it, and then put in a well built, ready to plant garden, complete with raised beds, and a 6' chain link fence with a locking gate. Keeps both the 2 footed and 4 footed Deer/dears away. He lives on a very visible piece of land just before the entrance to a very busy State park. Lots of curious eyes.

I think then I would set up a grant program that would help women get back on their feet after finding themselves jobless or homeless. Not a free ride, there would be conditions, but it would be a boot strap. I know I sure could have used one once! I didn't have one, I made it, but It sure would've helped!

AHHHHHH TO dream. How about you? What would you do with your winnings if you won the POWER BALL? I know you have all thought about it...

No comments: