Wednesday, June 11, 2003

wow!!! didn't realize that I haven't blogged in almost a week! My how time does fly when you don't have to worry about time any more! One day flows into the next, and the planes keep flying...In fact they should be starting just about any time now. The sun is down, and the dusk is rapidly turning over into night. Just about the time you think yay, a night without planes, the first one makes it's very low, very fast, very noisy run over the field, and over the house; scaring the deer off the runway. It would not do at all to have a Navy jet going at full throttle to hit a deer, suck what is left of it into the intake, and then veer off and crash either into the woods, or into the housing area. Since My house is one of the first ones after the trees, I really am glad they shoo them off. Don't like drop in visitors!!! :-Z

The Squirrell war seems to have reached a truce. As long as the first squirrel in does not see the second one coming, then they get along fine. I saw them do something different today, but I have no idea what the significance of it was. Squirrell No.1 chased #2, along the fence line, but then he sat on the ground staring up at the other one and slapped his tail on the ground for about 3 minutes. Then he came back and started munching on sunflower seeds again. ???? Anybody have any idea?

I drove to Bremerton today to meet with the regional EEO investigator, who interviewed me about my case. I don't have warm fuzzies about the outcome, but at least I am giving it an all out try. What do I have to lose? And I might just maybe win this. OH please Lord!! let me win my case. It would sure make the end of my career seem bittersweet instead of just bitter.

The baby sparrows are out in full feather now. THere are about 7 of them that fly down to the feeder with their downy feathers fluffed up and the yellow outline of their big baby mouths still wide open and begging! They are eating seed now, but as soon as Mom or Dad flys over they all start waving their wings and begging. They are so cute to watch. Momma Bird has the patience of Job. I'd get tired and start slapping 'em. SHUT UP!!! MOVE OUT!!! FEED YOURSELF!!! Harry the Hairy woodpecker, and Mort, the Downy woodpecker are going after the peanut suet like there was no tomorrow. THey fly right up to the window feeder, hang there and peck away until they have a beak full, then fly off, only to return for more. The females of both species visit also, but they are quiet about it so I hardly see them. The males are noisy, and like to let you know they are in the neighborhood.

I really need to get my ass working on my office. My house has been torn up since I retired, I have Donna's bedroom finished, but I still have not finished the office. I did give all of my paperback books to Phyllis, and she is passing them around the neighborhood!! there must have been 300 of them!!now It is the text books next. I still have my freshman year in college sight singing book. no words, just 300 pages of music to sight sing. WHY? tons of text books from college, tons of cook books, 10 year old magazines!! I AM SICK!!!!! Get rid of them!!!

I think I will go in and take a long soaky bath, light a candle and reeeeelaaaax!!! see ya...

No comments: