Thursday, June 12, 2003

The Bad part of going through 35 years of collecting books, is that when you open them,( to make sure you hadn't stashed a million dollar check in one of them,) the old memories come flooding back. THere are a lot of School books, which bring back memories of old boy friends, and old hurts, there are tons of self-help books, that bring back the struggles you dealt with, alcoholic parents, weight- struggles, divorces, etc. Then there are the Nature books, and photography books, and natural history books, and the coffee table books, etc. I closed my heart and put them in the bags. There are all of Dad's books on building log cabins, self sufficiency books and old navy year books. These also went into the bags. I will give them all to my sister who will keep what she wants and then send the rest to charity. Oh and the whole collection of Dr Suess and Disney books that we bought for the kids. These I will keep JUST IN CASE I EVER HAVE GRANDKIDS! (phhfftt yeah right!) All of my management books went! If I ever do go back to work, I do not want to get that far up the management chain ever again. Oh swell, the sound of freedom is back. So much for watching tv tonite!!! THe deer chasing plane just went over, soon the others will follow, and that will be it for hearing anything until they quit again. Hmmm. Might be a good time to finish the office huh? wanna help?...

No comments: