Friday, June 20, 2003

decided to get up and fix myself a breakfast of steel cut oats...package says you can nuke them. Wow, says I, Maybe THAT is the way to go, you wouldnt need to stand there and watch them cook so they did not burn. I put them and the water in the bowl, and covered them then nuked them for 5 minutes, let them sit for another 5. I came back in to eat my wonderful breakfast, and they were all over the bottom of the microwave, none in the bowl, no water left, a dismal failure. I scrapped them off the oven and poured myself my thrid cup of coffee. I hate instructions that dont work. They said a large bowl, I did, but what they didnt say was that it needed to be a VERY LARGE bowl. I may try this again, or I may just give up trying to cook them.

gotta remember to buy a lotto ticket today. Mega lotto is up to 180 million, and regular lotto is up to 16 million, either one would definately make my retirement a much more pleasurable event. I could take a really long vacation. I would ask my sister to retire, and we could buy a motorhome and go to Alaska. We could hire our own nutritionist to go with us, and make it a working vacation, to get our health back to where it needs to be. Donna has already said she would not quit working, she says she worked too hard to get here, now she wants to know that it is what she really wants to do. I can understand that. I would set up a trust fund for all of the kids, Tim, Scotty and Donna, so that their lives would be comfortable, but not handed to them. I know Tim would fritter it away. Scotty would go to Medical school, and become a surgeon, or a physical therapist, or whatever he wanted to be, He is smart, just not rich.

I must be the only person in the world who has not read the Harry Potter series of books. I guess I should remedy that huh? Well while I am on one of my many cruises, I can read them. Sit in a nice deck chair, with a big floppy hat, and sunglasses and read. Maybe with a nice Chi-Chi, or some such wicked drink by my side. gads!!! what a way to live. A nice Carribbean Cruise, with a suite, and a personal butler, and maybe my own personal trainer...ahhhhhhhhhh...

No comments: