Thursday, June 05, 2003

It starts again!! the hottest day of the year when everyone has every window and door in their house wide open to let in the cool night air, and the Base is bouncing jets again. This will be the forth night in a row that they have bounced. There must be something in the wind, as we still dont have all of our squadrons back in country yet, and for two years there has not been this much night flying. Now it is every 30 seconds, right over the top of the house. They are so low, you can read the pilots names on the side of their cockpits. I know I should not complain, it is after all the SOUND OF FREEDOM, but when it goes until after midnight it gets really irratating. They have too fly at night to practice hitting the carrier deck after dark. and since we are high up in the 50 degrees latitude, the sun does not set until almost 930 pm. AH well, better just grab another book and settle in for the evening. It is only 1030 and just finally dark. (long dusks here too) wont be sleeping early tonite!!! I had the girl child rub my back good with aspercreme so I should be ok for the night. I hope...

No comments: