Friday, June 27, 2003

THE DECK IS DONE!!! Well Almost! We do not have the railings up yet, but I have my deck chair and table on it and it is being used as we speak. What a neat neat thing the deck is. There is just something so much different about sitting on a deck, 3 feet higher than the yard. I have no idea why, but it makes you feel good!!! Donna came home from work today, and actually joined me outside. She would not have done that just sitting on the grass. We have a Family BBQ planned for Sunday.

I saw the first baby Hairy woodpecker today. HArry came flying up to the suet feeder, as he usually does in the morning, and right behind him came what I thought was harriett, but there was red on his foreheadm not on the back of his head. He hung there upside down along side his Daddy, while Harry pecked at the suet. Jr. was chirping or buzzing (whinning) and then Daddy pulled out a piece of peanut and fed it to him. This went on for about 15 minutes. I had never seen that before. I wondered if Harry got the boys and Harriett got the girls. Don't know. I am anxious to see if Lola brings her babies to the feeder. Will I know they are babies, or will they be the same size Lola is? Hmmmmmmm.

Mariah has stacked out her territory on the deck. on the throw rug right by the door. As if to say OK, This spot is mine, you guys can have the rest of the deck.

I have four cats sitting here just staring at me. I am out of Science Diet. Their bowls are EMPTY. Now mind you, they have PLENTY to eat, in the form of Fancy Feast and cream, and dog food But NO!!!!!!! If the bowl is empty and the BAG is too, then they must be starving. Mindless of the fact that they just finished eating. THEY ARE STARVING AND GOING TO DIE IMMEDIATELY! GUess I had better get my shoes on, and go get some Science Diet...I might be LUNCH!...

No comments: