Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Up today at 530. Stomach rumbling and cramping...maybe my malais yesterday wasn't just a function of this weekend. Maybe I have a bug. I keep thinking that as many birds that I have around my feeder, could I get salmonella? Is it airborne? I wash my hands thoroughly after touching the feeders, but I still wonder.

I am going to go on a critter getter campaign. I love animals, I love gardening, I love flowers. They do not mix! I had a garden roto-tilled and ready for planting. I bought petunias to edge the plat with. They smell so sweet at night, and It made me feel really good planting them. The rabbits LOVE the blooms. I bought a really pretty tickweed plant that had nice orangish yellow flowers on it. The rabbits love it. In fact, it is muched to the GROUND! I don't want to have to fence it off, but I may have to out of self-defense. Maybe a little picket fence, that will just delineate the garden plat from the grass. I have not had a rabbit problem before, so one of three things could be happening. We could have a lack of Coyotes now, which is something new. Usually they are right out side the fence every night yapping and killing. We could have a major rabbit population explosion, (tied to the fact that there seems to be a lack of coyotes) The rabbits could have just this year found the feeders, and the seeds that have been spilled on the ground. I have identified two areas where they are getting in through the fence, so now the question arises, Do I spend lots of money trying to plug holes in the fence that they might just dig under? Or should I quit feeding the birds? (nah) Or should I just give in and not continue planting things that they like. I wonder what plants repel rabbits? They seem to like everything.

Donna bought some Scottish steel-cut oats the other day. They are a pain in the butt to cook, but they are really really good. chewey and nutty. Not at all like our oatmeal. They are good with some butter and cinnamon, maybe a little sweetner. Yumm!!! (guess what I am having for breakfast?)

I have to get busy blocking act one of Over The River and Through the Woods. I have a meeting with the director June 28, and need to have it ready by then. I also need to get busy on GODSPELL. That is the one I am directing. I really need to find a Musical Director, THe one I had is getting transferred to Spain. We are really going to miss her. I hope she comes back.

I feel like I am being over scheduled. Now why? I dont have anything else to do. Why do I feel that having one thing scheduled every day is putting me into a bind? I guess three months of sitting on my ass has gotten too comfortable. Gotta get up and get going, gotta do it, gotta...

No comments: