Monday, May 19, 2003

THE WAR day 2

At about 530 this morning, Lola came to the feeder. At least she tried. She was behind the wisteria vines, on the fence, and Bandit saw her and started barking. LOUDLY. so she started chattering...LOUDLY, that woke up Rita, who came down the fence line screaming at Lola and Bandit. so we have bandit barking. LOUDLY, Lola chattering LOUDLY and Rita screaming. All of this woke up the Hairy woodpecker who has found the fence post, and started drumming. LOUDLY. At about 700 I said screw it, and got up. By this time Sal had appeared on the scene. Sneakly little devil, he runs along the ground while the other two are sitting on the fence. Guess who gets there first?
By 800, all of the wildlife was awake and feeding. THe Goldfinches have arrived enMasse, and they are pretty, but sing all day, LOUDLY. THe woodpeckers, all drum and PEEK loudly, the doves are fairly quiet, but their wings make a whistle when they land, and that makes noise. THe doves are also horney little rascals. They are paired off right now, and the males are busy trying like hell to make little doves, but the females aint having it!! They chase each other on the roof next door. She moves away about a foot, he puffs up and oooAh oo oo oo;s then scoots over to her, and she slaps his face and moves away. ALL DAY LONG!! I do love Spring though. And I do enjoy watching the birds.

I actually planted about 20 feet of petunias today. Mostly purple and pink, some striped. I had them inside sitting on the computer desk last night, and the aroma permeated the house. I had forgotten how sweet and lovely they smell. I wish I could put them under my bedroom window. Cant though, Mariah and Bandit would trample all over them. Tomorrow I plan on planting the holly bush, and the hydrangia and Lilac bushes. WOW, I'm actually gardening again. I hope I keep up with it. I am having the deck built soon too...

No comments: