Sunday, May 25, 2003

i just went back and re-read some of my old entries to see if they made any sense. They do to me. But I see that one of my entries got posted twice, hmmm must be making up for the times when blogger lost my original entry.

I am writting this and watching the Memorial Day Concert in Washington DC. what a sniffer!! good thing I have kleenex on my desk. I'll have to watch it tomorrow again, because my dear friend Linda called tonite and we talked for almost an hour. It was WONDERFUL. She retired April 1, and we were comparing notes on our lives since NEXCOM. It appears that all is not well at Headquarters, and neither one of us cares a whole lot any more. There isn't going to be any brain trust to draw from. As I told her, we have just undergone a hostile take-over, and nobody knows it. THere are no more military in charge except the Admiral, and God knows he must be as frustrated as hell, dealing with all of these civilians, and ones that haven't even been with NEXCOM for very long at that. whoo-boy.

As We said to each other tonight. Who cares. I wake up watch the wildlife, watch the morning come alive, work on my many projects, and enjoy myself. NO MORE STRESS, and no more deadlines. I have the rest of my life to finish what I am doing. Dear Lord, make it a long life!! i would like to have as long AFTER NEXCOM as I did IN NEXCOM! 37 years. Shit I'd be 94! I'd outlive my roof!!! maybe I better rethink this...

No comments: