Saturday, June 21, 2008

first day of summer...

What a week! The pool in our communitee opened up on Saturday, so Starting Sunday, I Swam every single day. EIther in our pool or at Oak Harbor's. We dont have a good aquarobics class here, so I go in to O.H. for their's. I also have discovered the Sauna. I have always pooh-poohed it...why would anyone want to go in and sweat? Well the sauna at OH is a dry sauna and the heat after swimming for 2 hours just soaks right into your bones and I felt like a new person after I got out. We have a sauna here, too, and they keep it VERY hot, around 180 F. (too hot) and they also allow water on the stones. I cant do that. But if no one else is in there, I can keep it dry. Wonderful!!!!

I also have a "happening" on my face. Started out as a lump under my right ear, and felt like a big golf ball...I thought maybe Mumps...????? then it spun off another lump right in front of my ear about the size of a pecan, then another formed on my temple and another on my brow and then two smaller ones on my scalp. Now these did not hurt unless I pushed on them, and I felt fine. Then the one on my brow grew bigger and started to jurt, I must have scratched it in my sleep, because it got really red and hurts like hell. Now it has grown to encompass my right eye. It itches like mad, and is so swollen!! It looks like I have been in a bar brawl!! I have No idea what it is, but it can leave anytime it is ready...preferably NOW!!! :( THe lump under my ear has gone way down, and it seems to have manifested itself into one lumpy thing a ma jig on my brow/eye. Naturally, there are no Dr Offices open on the weekend, and I am not gonna pay 500.00 for an emergency room visit, when All they will tell me is go see the Dr on Monday. SO here I sit, one eyed, and not itching as much because I took two Benedryl tabs. Sure am getting sleepy though.

Summer finally arrived here. GOt up into the 80's in Seattle, and the 70's here on the Island. SUNSHINE!!!! WHOOT!!! But the clouds are blowing in from the ocean, and there is another cold bite to the wind. did not last long, our summer. But that may be ok. I cant do the heat too much. 70-75F is just about right for me providing there is not much Humidity!

I wish my camera worked, I would take a picture of the weeds growing in my gutters!!! The birds must have taken bird seed up on the roof and now it is growing...and my gutters are about 12" tall!!! I am not kidding...Hey Blogeois, wanna come work on my house?

Brent, I sure hope you are keeping your feet dry up there in Des Moines!! I am thinking about you and your family. ANd of course Kim and hers, and then we need to watch out for Brenda when the water gets that far down river. It surely has been a rough year weather wise, hasn't it? I hope all you Forigners are not having it as bad as we are.

Let's see what Tomorrow brings...

11 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my MARY LOU how can you wait until tomorrow to find out what is going on with the lumps?!!! I have researched through google and the least serious thing is infection from bite, cut or scratch. Of course I am a hypocondriac and cannot imagine a fellow human sitting quietly waiting to go to the doctor. Will be awaiting your doctor's report so don't fail to post the results.

Anonymous said...

I don't have health insurance, so I CAN imagine waiting until Mon. to get those lumps checked out. And hopefully, it's nothing more than a bad reaction to a bite from some hideous bug. And can be easily taken care of. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm going to start swimming also. I think it will help my back. But I also hate heat and just can't handle saunas.

Brenda said...

Please, please go see the doc tomorrow! The lumps that first came up behind your ear and in front sound similar to lymph glands which do swell if there's an infection somewhere, but for some to appear in your temple, around your eye, is unusual. Please let us know how you are and what the doctor says. (((hugs))

I expect to stay safe and dry due to that huge levee a few miles east of me, but a lot of the farm land will have lost crops on the river side of the levee.

Anonymous said...

Well.... you know me... I'm soooo tempted to tell you to take advantage of your situation. Do your best 'Quasi Moto' impression, snap a photo and post it for all to see. However,, If I were so foolish to propose such a thing, I know you would come to my house and hurt me, so I won't.

Sally said...

YES, please go to the dr. tomorrow, Mary Lou. Hopefully, it's something not serious, but don't take any chances. I'll be thinking of and waiting for an update!!

Dick said...

Do get that checked as soon as possible. Remember that most things are easier to "fix" when the mechanic gets to them as soon as possible after they break. Us too.

As to weather, we went to Burlington this morning to see the Berry Cool Car Show and eat a strawberry short cake. Both were good. We got away just as the big crowds started arriving just after noon. Then to Bob's Burgers & Brew for lunch. I even got a couple of the photos from the car show Photoshoped and a blog post made. After two weeks without one.

Mary Lou said...

Judy, You are so right!!!! >:( and the rest of you...I am goign tomorrow, but today I wake up and take more Benedryl to keep the itching away from my eye so my finger will stay out of it. I think it is a spider bite too, but who knows...terrorists work in strange ways.

Dick, where did you find STRAWBERRIES? None of them are rip yet....Marysville had their festival sans berries, and so did several other places. Bell Bros here on the island is just now advertising for pickers, so maybe next week they will be ready!!! I LOVE fresh strawberries!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kiddo. By tomorrow, the Dr. will have given you some good stuff to make you all better.
I'll be calling you late in the day.

Hugs,

Schroeders auntie

Brenda said...

Ok, it's time to wake up and go to the doctor. I'll be checking back to see what he said. (((hugs))) take care!!

Bobbie said...

I hope you went to the doctor to find out what the lumps are. It sounds very uncomfortable.

Brenda said...

Did you go see the doc? What did he say? Thinking about you!