Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just a swimmin' in the Rain....



I woke up this morning at 500 listening to the rain POUR down! We needed it badly, as we are in the middle of a drought and the forests are burning at a rapid rate. Tim is over fighting the Tunk Grade Fire just below Tonasket. It is now the biggest wildfire in the USA. So I am glad we got it. Almost 1/3 of an inch of rain today, and that is usually the level for the MONTH! It just kept on coming down! Finally at 330 I decided to go down and see if the pool would be open for adult swim, or if it would be closed. The pool is right on the beach and is uncovered, and the wind was chilly, and the rain was coming down in buckets!

It was open, with no one but the lifeguards in the water. SO I signed in and got wet! It was WONDERFUL! THe air temperature was around 55 F and the pool was around 82F so It was like walking into to a bathtub. There was fog forming on the top of the water and the rain was still dumping! I LOVED it. I was warm and un crowded, so I worked out for an hour, and then did laps and floated for another hour. AHHHHHHH!!!!

THere is something very primoral about swimming in warm pool during a dark storm! THe lifeguards were doing their laps, and keeping an eye on me. Not ONE bratty little kid!! YES!!

Now I am home and as soon as I get off of the computer, I am getting into the shower and then into bed! I am as weak as a kitten!!

No comments: