Sunday, October 21, 2007

Michael...

Well Mike is not doing well at all. Phyllis took him down yesterday to Everett for surgery. Here is what she wrote on HER blog

Friday morning they went in three different places with a laproscope and camera and biopsied the masses. They told Sherry that the procedure should only take about an hour and a half. He went to the operating room at 12:30, and at 2:30 Sherry and I looked at each other and said "Dang, this doesn't feel right". About three o'clock the doctor came out and told us they found numerous little tiny masses in the area and they are cancer. He said they cannot operate to take them out as there are thousands of them. They are around his colon, appendix, pancreas, everywhere. He said the only hope (if any) is chemotherapy, and that will only prolong it. I asked how long, and he just stared at me. I asked "Weeks? Months? Years?" He could only shrug his shoulders. This type of cancer is very rare. It is mostly found in women.

Mike will go to the oncologist on Friday, and we should know more then. It evidentally is a VERY rare cancer. and all of the growths are the size of a very small pea. I don't know what treatment they will have him on, but it will not be life saving, unless somehow a miracle occurs.

I am just a wreck! I do not show my emotions very well, and tend to stick my head in the sand to avoid any emotional outlets. I wanted a brother so very badly, and when he was born, I took over for Mom and raised him until he was 12. It is so hard to believe this is happening to him. To make matters worse, Mike is very depressed and has been for a very long time. This is not going to be easy for him or for SHerry. He will not be able to work, and he has no life insurance, and his medical insurance is minimal at best.

Thank you all for your prayers and your thoughts. He will be needing them for awhile yet, so if you would stick him in your prayer circles, he will appreciate it very much. Michael Brett age 52.

No comments: