Sunday, March 25, 2007

What a weekend!



Friday night was the first night of auditions for FOREVER PLAID, and we went in there expecting to be there all night, as we had heard that all kinds of people were wanting to audition for the 4 parts.

We had 4 total people turn out from age 15-55! What a bummer! It is getting harder and harder to get people who are willing devote the time that is needed for a show.

SO last night was the 2nd night of auditions, and we thought that they might show up then. NOPE, no one! NOT ONE! well 1 of the young men is in the process of his voice changing, and that wont work.

SO Rusty sent everyone home, and now we are beating the bushes for four good men. Remember when I directed GODSPELL and could not find Jesus? Well the hunt is on again. THis time it is for four dead guys from 1963, who are members of a guy singing group, like the 4 freshemn, etc. COOL Music. Takes me right back to high school. THere are a LOT of guys on this islabnd that sing, but we sure did not see them last night! Radio announcements coming up!

Friday I had to leave the pool early, as I twisted my knee, was favoring it, then got off balance and got a crick in my neck which gave me a head ache and an upset stomach. JEEZ!! So Monday I will go in and just jog, and kick, and maybe do the weights in the deep end. ( no JimBob, not REAL weights, these are all styrofoam, and work like weights under water, actually they help keep you afloat and the point is to keep them down. )

It is definately SPRING here now. ALl of the blossoms are blowing off the cherry trees like pink snow, and the flowering prune and plum trees are all abloom. My Peach tree is even trying like hell to flower. Poor thing took a real hit in the wind, and I have to cut the small one down, because it is growing flat, and I need to trim the big one to even it out.

I have not seen any squirrels at all in a month or so. I sure hope that Jupiter next door has not eaten them all. He is a cute little cat, but he sits and waits for the birds under the feeder. GRRRRRRRR I have complained, but it doesnt seem to work.

Well that catches you up on my life. and I will try to do better. A new blogging friend wrote a wonderful post on blogging guilt. It may be a few posts back, but go here and read her site, She is good!

and now for a Sunday Funny!

Just before he was 'canned', Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President. He told the President that three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq.

To everyone's amazement, all of the color ran out of Bush's face, then he collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost in tears.

Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?"

No comments: