Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update



I purposely stayed away from the Hospice so that Mike could spend time with his friends and Family alone. The Band that he started and the ones that evolved from that one all got together for a party Friday night. There were over 50 people there and Mike had a great time, although he was exausted after a few hours. Saturday was the day he wanted alone with Sherry, so no one went out. Sunday there were quite a few there, and Donna went down and spent some time with him. Today I went for the first time in 4 days, and He looked very wasted from Thursday afternoon. He is pale, sleeps a lot, and looks like he is 80 yrs old. I took Rocky in, and he was glad to see Mike and vice versa, but then he came over and layed down by ME! (oops)

Sherry has this week off and is staying right by his side so he is not alone. I do not expect it to be much longer than a week to 10 days. He is soooo tired.

I have been on an emotional roller coaster going through the family albums and finding pictures of him through out his life. I guess when I left home in 1969 no one bothered to take pictures of either him or Phyllis, as there just ARE NOT any!
This is one of my favorite pictures of him. This was Easter Sunday, when we were all out in the yard hunting eggs, and he was crawling on the sidewalk. Dad took this picture of him. He was such a sweet baby! I was 11 when he was born, and I raised him until I left and he was 12. I spent all weekend finding pictures and then crying. and then laughing. then sniffing.

Hard to explain grief!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

You'll forever hold him in your heart Miz Mary lou. Forever and a day.

esther said...

Mary Lou, the more you love a person, the more grief you feel. It's a testament of your feelings for your little brother. My heart goes out to you and Phyllis.

Rain Trueax said...

It is hard and no way to make it easier except that you love him and he will always have that from those around him. Some are not so blessed

Tabor said...

I am so sorry for the grief that you must be feeling, and any words that I write will not ease your pain. May the future hold a brighter day.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Many warm hugs coming your way Mary Lou. Thinking of you.... ~Joy

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you both.

Donna said...

Sweet picture of him Mary Lou...(((((HUG)))))

Dick said...

It sounds like someone did a pretty good job of identifying and dating your photos. That is the problem I've had trying to go through ours. Annie took most of them and she would know who and when, but she isn't here to tell me.

Anji said...

Little bothers. I'm sure the pictures brought back lots of happy memories.

Anonymous said...

You have good memories. Now you are so busy with all these things swirling around you. It's good to be busy. You really can't explain grief. NJ

Phyllis said...

Galen & Sumre are still there now. I am going later this afternoon. He has held on longer than ANYONE has expected him to. Just when we think he is taking his last breath, he perks up and starts talking! Scared the crap outa me the other day!!
In God's time.