Sunday, February 08, 2009

roller coaster emotions....

Sherry put Mike in a pallitive care facility on Friday. As I said before, they discontinued all life giving supplements. So We were expecting him to go this weekend. Today he is doing quite well, sitting up and talking, and laughing. It is as if he was just a little sick.

The home is a privately run hospice, funded by Buddists, and it is non-denominational, and so PEACEFUL!! A lovely place, and Mike is the only one there right now.

After last week, not sleeping and grieving, I expected the end soon, but it appears as if he may pull thrugh this crisis and last a little longer than the Nurses said. Whoo-boy! Talk about ups and downs. I have not been sleeping and neither has Phyllis, until this weekend. My kids both came home and we all went and spent the day with Mike, and I got some much needed sleep!

I have been appointed to make a power point presentation of Mike's life...and I have no idea where to start. So I will be thinking of pictures to pull out and get scanned.

I am heading to the pool tomorrow! I NEED to float in warm water for awhile.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a terrible ordeal for everyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Brenda said...

You've just got to live every day to the fullest Miz Mary lou, and that's true for all of us cause we never know what tomorrow will bring.

I hope you get a rest today dear friend.

Joan said...

You will do a good job. Make sure they know he was one kick ass of a bro.

Rain Trueax said...

This is tough but encouraging that he's doing as he is. You are all on my mind. Take care of you.

Tabor said...

We and the medical profession have no control over this life. The process takes its own sweet time. Stay strong.

Donna said...

Praying here sweetie...(((HUG)))

Anji said...

I'm thinking of you all. The hospice sounds just right - for all of you.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Mary Lou...there's no getting around the emotional mess you and your family will be going through now....I'm so sorry. These are the most difficult times for families...but if you are close and have a lot of love...it will get you through anything. Take care of yourself...rest when you can. This will take a lot out of you in more ways than you know....

robin andrea said...

It is very difficult to live on that edge of grief. A long float in a warm pool sounds lovely and relaxing. Thinking of you.

Dick said...

Working on the Powerpoint presentation will be therapeutic for you. I am sure that you'll do a very good job with it and the end result will show how much of a work of love it will be.