Monday, March 29, 2010



I worked out in the yard all day Saturday. Cant work hard or fast, but I worked! I pruned all of the wisteria. It has taken over the fence, and has grown roots under the fence and up the trees out back. Si I am trying to get it back into the two spots it was originally planted. I found a yellow climbing rose that the wisteria had covered. so now it will thrive. THe two climbers I planted two weeks are are sending up shoots already. I cleaned up under the bird feeder and now that area is ready for some petunias. 5 of the eight raised beds are planted,. The cabbage is doing great and so is the spinich but the onion sets are wilting down. May have rushed it a bit.

I transplanted the rhubarb and got five plants out of it, so they new plantings should do better in the sun.It too is looking good.

Now to get Tim to come home and move the rest of the dirt into the backyard so I can have my driveway back. (Yeah, THat will never happen!)

8 comments:

Anji said...

I'm going to have a rest after reading through all of that hard work.

Hope that your back is still okay

Sally said...

It's looking good!! Wow, I haven't had rhubarb since we lived there, I don't think. I remember the pies Mom used to make.

Saw on F/B that something hit your front door last night; hope all is okay. Take care!

cassie-b said...

Spring is great!!

Judy said...

Wish I could work outside. I raked for 15 minutes and that was it. DAMN HIP--I need a new one.

Dick said...

Your raised beds look to be about the same size as ours but we only have two. And we have to put a little fence around them to protect the contents from the neighborhood bunnies. They tend to eat everything including Pat's garlic. A friend said we ought to capture them and smell their breath. Then we would know which one to get rid of. Easier said than done.

Mary Lou said...

I sit and work, Jude! My hip and my back are in TERRIBLE shape. But I have a camp chair I sit on. Thuis the boxes to put the veggies up higher!

Granny Annie said...

At first glance I thought you had some unearthed caskets in your yard. "Perhaps she's directing a new play" I said to me. LOL

Mary Lou said...

LOLOL Yeah Grannyannie they DO dont they? Maybe I should tell the neighbor kids thats what they are...Then they will quit teasing my dog!