Friday, December 21, 2007

Free at last!



Tim is now a semi-free man! He is now in Work release, but he can wear real clothes and eat real food, and see his mommie when he wants to, and can have phone calls, and can eat homemade fudge!

He went to Bellingham last Tuesday, and Wednesday I went up and picked him up and took him to Wal-Mart to but some real clothes. He lost everything he had, so he is really starting over. I had been hanging on tho his tax refund check, so we used that to buy him a wardrobe! It was hilarious! We walked in the door and he started pitching clothes into the cart. We only had 2 hours to get there, shop and get back, so it was a speed run! But now he has a warm coat, waterproof shoes, UNDERWEAR! and several changes of clothes and a BELT! He was holding his pants up with the cord that was on the bottom of the jacket that they gave him when he got out.

He looks good, he feels good, he has a great attitude, and he is excited about getting a job and getting back to earning some money. He has to find a job, and goes to at least four places a day. He has to walk or ride the bus everyday, no cars.

When we pulled into Wal-Mart he just sat there in the seat. When I looked over and asked why arent you getting out, he looked surprised, and said "Oh WOW, I can open the door myself!" Little things...

You cant see his beautiful blue eyes but they are there. He is 6'5" and 260, so he is not a little boy any more!

I pray everyday that he continues on this road to a normal LEGAL life! He says he is. I have all the faith in the world that he will. (crossed fingers)

He can NOT come home for Christmas, because he does not have a job yet. He earns 20 hours of "social Time" for every 32 hours he works, so maybe by New Years! I can go up anytime though, and it is only 60 miles, and 1 1/2 hours away, and NO ferry ride! SO it is real easy to get there. WHEW! Only takes 1/2 a tank of gas too! So I think I will take him a prime rib sandwich on Wednesday. I am such a nice Mommie huh?

No comments: