Saturday, March 19, 2011

Something makes the head go around….

I have what I think is Vertigo,  I wake up and try to sit up and my head starts spinning.  I also have bubbles popping like soap suds in my right ear.  I have been to the Dr. and he sees nothing, so now I have an appointment with an audiologist next Friday to see what is going on.  I was told I have rocks in my head.  I know, I know…and yes, you DO have tiny little rocks in your inner ear, that when they get moved around, need to be repositioned.  It is called an Epley maneuver.  But I don’t want to do it myself in case I get really off kilter and can not get up.  There does not appear to be an inner ear infection, HOWEVER when I take an anti histamine, the problem eases up.  So maybe there is an allergy connection, after all it is SPRING!  or so the calendar says…..

6 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

If after the regular medical doctor figures out what he can do and if it turns out to be nothing, ask around for those who live in your area what chiropractor is good. I have had good results with them (when you get the right one) for things very similar to what you are describing. It does take a good one though

cassie-b said...

I hope your problem goes away quickly. And I'll bet it is an allergy problem.

cal said...

Sounds nasty. Hope they can sort it out for you soon.

Granny Annie said...

I hope you have had an EKG lately and that your doctor has ruled out your heart with those symptoms. You may have heard that women's heart problems present in a different way than men's and the symptoms you describe are similar to some I had before my near-fatal heart attack. I am not trying to frighten you, just make you aware just in case. It seems that doctors do not recognize a lot of women's symptoms and I had had a complete physical and been given a clean bill of health the day before my heart attack.

Anji said...

I hope that it gets sorted out quickly. Noises in your ear aren't much fun.

Take care

Anji said...

Are you okay now Mary-Lou?