Thursday, February 27, 2003

OK, Now I'm getting scared. I officially walked away from 37 years of my life. Luncheon, friends, gifts, roasts, and yes, a few tears....JUST a FEW. I wanted my family there, but Donna couldn't make it, Tim never responded, My brother and Sister both had to work, and Bob said eh. SOOOOOOOO....I have some really good digital pictures from the potluck, and a truck load of pretty plants. If I don't kill them. Which I usually do. I got a beautiful Bromiliad from a dear friend of mine in China Lake, she knows my GM and called and had it presented . That started the tears. Damn Linda!!!

So now I have every opportunity to sit and watch CNN when the war starts. Sit and watch it snow when it starts, and not have to worry about driving in it if I dont feel like it. I will miss the people I worked with, I will miss being a mentor, I will miss watching a scared young man start to work, and then watch him grow through the years into the wonderful supervisor he will become. I will miss seeing new generations start, grow, and eventually start new generations themselves. The customers, that I grew up with, the parents of people I went to school with, they were my family too. Big step. Big sigh, big breath, new start.

No comments: