Sunday, June 01, 2014

Garbage gut!

  No matter how well you think you have your area cleaned up and baby proofed, either puppies or babies will find something that they should not be finding, and of course dont let you know about it until it is half eaten.  I went out on the deck to find 1/2 of a spiral litebulb laying on the deck.  Pieces that I could find were not enough to put it all back together, so I have to assume she ingested the rest.  I have watched her closely for three days and several poops and she does not seem to be in any discomfort, nor is there any blood in her stool, so Maybe, just MAYBE she did not eat it and she is safe.  I sure would not want to lose her to a piece of broken glass in her intestines.  SHEESH!  Lord only knows where she found it!  And along side of my bed there are lots of pieces of trash all piled and chewed upon, so obviously she is able to get loose and collect things.  Loose socks, shoes, underwear, toilet paper rolls, kleenex, you name it, it was beside my bed.  I had forgotten how inquisitive puppies can be.

1 comment:

Anji Knutsen said...

Sounds like your work is cut out for you.

When Christian was three he bit and swallowed part of a glass thermometer. I phoned the poison centre straight away and they told me not to worry. Young insides seem to be able to cope with a bit of glass. If she's lively and no blood she's probably ok.