Thursday, July 01, 2004

Bits and Pieces

You know that first sip of coffee in the morning? The one you have waited all night for? The PERFECT cup of coffee, flavored just right, with all of your favorite flavorings in it...Or not? Just cool enough that you semi-slurp it because you know it will burn your lips. The expectation of waiting for it to be ready.

I wake up this morning, and stumble to let the puppy out, and then stumble back to bed to wait for my eyes to open. I sat there watching TODAY and listening to the birds. Finally one eye opens, and then the other, and they were not burning. After about an hour, I get up to go make a pot of coffee, and the pot is very warm.??? Donna must have gotten up early and made a pot, as there was almost a full pot left. I wish I had known it was ready!!

I poured myself a cup, and reached for the Coffeemate. IM OUT!!! arrgghhhhhhh! I LOVE coffeemate in my coffee. Two heaping spoons of it and 1 package of sweet and low. I look in the fridge, and no half and half either. So into the cupboard for a can of evaporated milk. (yuck) I get my coffee into the office, and settle in. Reach for the mug as XP is doing it's thing. I reach my top lip over the rim of the mug ready for the hot coffee to burn it, and take that first cooling SLURP! BLETCH!!!! PTEWEY! YUCK! GROSS!

The coffee had that burnt taste that coffee gets when it has sat for too long, and the rich creamy taste of Coffeemate was not there, and the sweet and low was bitter to boot!

MY MORNING IS RUINED!!!!!!!! What am I going to do? I go back into the kitchen and heat up another cup in the microwave, and add 2 sweet and lows and a dollop of whipped cream. That made it somewhat better, but not at all what I was wanting.

I will have to get my butt dressed and go to the store so this will not be repeated tomorrow! It was so disappointing. And it was not Donnas fault either. I'm sure HER coffee was fine, as it was fresh and not 3 hours old.

No comments: